27. If you think that the illness might be serious, you should not going to the doctor.
A. put off B. set about C. hold back D. give away
26. Only ticket – holders were to the stadium for the concept given by Jay Chou, so many of his fans were turned away.
A. allowed B. asked C. agreed D. admitted
25. --- Jim managed to get into his house without the key. ?
---I don’t know. He might have asked someone for help.
A. What for B. Guess how C. So What D. Who knows
24. During your stay in Britain, you’ll face culture shock language problems.
A. as far as B. as long as C. as good as D. as well as
23. --- I try to memorize new words every day, but can only remember few of them.
--- That’s not surprising. Newly – learnt words are easily forgotten unless frequently
A. used B. using C. to use D. be used
22. It took the early settlers more than 150 years to build up is now a modem city.
A. where B. which C. what D. that
21. --- Let’s discuss the question raised last night, shall we?
--- There is no hurry for that. I for a conference.
A. headed B. was heading C. am heading D. have headed
6. Who is this announcement for?
A. People on a train. B. People on a plane. C. People in a restaurant.
7. What time of the day is it?
A. Morning. B. Noon. C. Evening.
8. Where are the speakers?
A. At a Lost and Found. B. At a bus stop. C. In a shop.
9. Which of the following is the woman’s coat?
10. What are the speakers doing?
A. Watching a movie. B. Having dinner. C. Making soup.
11. What makes the man unhappy?
A. The woman doesn’t cook very well.
B. The woman seldom talks to him at dinner.
C. The woman watches too many commercials.
12. What does the man dislike about this job?
A. Working in a hotel. B. Working in summer. C. Traveling all the time.
13. Why doesn’t he want to take the new job?
A. He doesn’t get a good pay.
B. He dislikes working in a seaside town.
C. He hates playing the same piece again and again.
14. What does the woman think of the job the man was offered?
A. Boring. B. Well – paid. C. Tough.
15. What are they discussing?
A. What to have for lunch. B. Where to go for lunch. C. When to have lunch.
16. What can we learn about the man?
A. He usually doesn’t eat fast food.
B. He often eats in a restaurant near his home.
C. He can’t afford an expensive lunch that day.
17. Where are they probably going right after this conversation?
A. A supermarket. B. A fast – food place. C. A French restaurant.
18. Why didn’t the woman go to the man’s birthday party?
A. She forgot all about it. B. She didn’t like the man. C. She didn’t know about it.
19. Who is the woman?
A. The man’s friend. B. The man’s mother. C. The man’s secretary.
20. What does the woman want to do for the man’s birthday?
A. Buy him a nice present. B. Have lunch with him. C. Send him an email.
1. What size does the woman want?
A. Size 8. B. Size 10. C. Size 12.
2. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a post office. B. In a hotel. C. In a bank.
3. Why is the man going to New York?
A. To live there. B. To visit a friend. C. To have a vacation.
4. What are they going to do?
A. Play tennis. B. Go swimming. C. Do some cleaning.
5. What is the man doing?
A. Making an announcement. B. Making an appointment. C. Making an invitation.