94. Please _____ the milk carefully; I don’t want it to boil over.
A. look at B. see C. notice D. watch
93. It was a great _____ for him to be pleasant to people he didn’t like.
A. trouble B. effort C. sorrow D. horror
91. Mr and Mrs Green _____ a party for their daughter’s twenty-first birthday.
A. invited B. laid C. gave D. called
89. Her parents were both very _____, because she was out so late last night.
A. sorry B. worried C. lonely D. calm
88. Don’t go too far into the sea, children, or the waves will _____ you off your feet.
A. flow B. sweep C. beat D. take
87. Police officers working on the murder have _____ hundreds of families.
A. asked B. researched C. questioned D. demanded
86. I _____ her not to walk on the thin ice but she wouldn’t listen.
A. suggested B. hoped C. warned D. persuaded