25. The policeman ran after the man and _____ him by the arm.
A. stopped B. reached C. shot D. caught
23. Do you want to _____ on these shoes to see if they’re the right size?
A. take B. fix C. try D. turn
22. The secretary said: “You are _____ on the phone, Mr. White.”
A. wanted B. asked C. rising D. requested
20. They cheered the captain and carried him off the field on their _____.
A. breasts B. arms C. backs D. shoulders
19. She is eighteen, so by law her father cannot _____ her marriage.
A. admit B. prevent C. fail D. destroy
18. A meeting of the society will be _____ at six o’clock on Tuesday evening.
A. placed B. taken C. made D. held
16. The first time she went swimming, she felt very _____.
A. nervous B. shocked C. unpleasant D. surprised