105. --- Look at that actress on the stage. She is already fifty.
--- You are joking. She doesn’t look .
A. so B. it C. that D. the same.
104. --- Carol Walker didn’t turn up last time, did she?
--- No. She . We had changed our plan.
A. shouldn’t have gone B. needn’t have to come C. didn’t need to come D. needn’t have come
103. --- You were late again, Peter.
--- Sorry, I to be here on time, but the traffic on the roads heavy.
A. wanted; was B. had wanted; was C. wanted; were D. had wanted; were
102. --- Have you had a good evening?
--- Well, I this film on television but it’s rubbish so I think I’ll turn it off now.
A. watched B. was watching C. have been watching D. had been watching
101. and the problem would be straightened out.
A. A bit more effort B. Having a little effort
C. If you have a bit more effort D. There being a little effort.
100. ---Why did Mr. Smith sell his house?
---It was only it was small he sold it.
A. when; so B. that; for C. because; that D. for ; and
99. ---Have you passed the entrance examination?
---No. I , but I failed.
A. didn’t pass B. tried C. tried to D. had tried
98. “If you want a ride,” said Brenda, “get ready now. , I’m going .”
A. Therefore, alone B. Otherwise, alone C. So, lonely D. However, lonely
97. I remember for the job, but I forget the exact amount.
A. to pay B. paid C. to be paid D. being paid
96. The workers can’t have finished their work yet, ?
A. can’t they B. can they C. did they D. have they