95. I was ill that day. Otherwise I part in the party.
A. would have taken B. took C. had taken D. were to take
94. --- Why? Where is the key to the meeting-room?
--- Dear me! You it in the taxi!
A. had never left B. didn’t leave C. never left D. haven’t left
92. ---Do you mind if I practice playing the piano here?
A. No, please don’t B. I don’t want you to C. I’m afraid I don’t D. I’d rather you didn’t
91. --- I didn’t see her yesterday .
--- Of course, you , because she had gone on a trip.
A. can’t B. may not have C can’t have D. mustn’t have
90. - Which would you rather have, tea or coffee?
A. Sure, I would B. Yes, please C. Yes, both D. Neither, thank you
89. Don’t all speak at once! , please.
A. each at one time B. one by one time C. one for each time D. one at a time
88. - There were already five people in the car but they managed to take me as well.
- It a comfortable journey.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t
87. - Nancy is not coming tonight.
- But she !
A. promises B. promised C. will promise D. had promised
86. I don’t really work here; I until the new secretary arrives.
A. just help out B. have just helped out C. am just helping out D. will just help out