134. At moon we reached small village east of Summer Palace.
A. the; the; the B. a ; /; the C. a ; the; the D. a; / ; /
133. ---What did you think of the concert.
---Oh, it was success.
A. a very B. quit a C. so D. really
132. The child had only slight temperature, but the doctor regarded illness as serious enough for hospital treatment.
A. / ; / ; the B. a ; / ; / C. a ; the ; / D. / ; the ; the
131. Catherine came home happily, which suggested that she the final exam.
A. had passed B. pass C. would pass D. would have passed
130. After a few years, Faraday a job as personal assistant to Sir Humphry Davy
A. offered B. will offer C. had offered D. was offered
129. As is known to all, biology is .
A. science of the life B. the science of life C. the science of the life D. science of life
128. ---You went late the stadium yesterday evening, didn’t you?
---Yes, my wife was a little late the supper.
A. to; with B. for ; with C. for ; for D. at ; for
127. ---Tom isn’t so strong as he , is he?
---Yes. He is his two brothers.
A. thinks; no stronger than B. expect; as strong as
C. appears: stronger than D. looks; the strongest of
126. In face of failure, it is the most important to keep up good state of mind.
A. / ; a B. a ; / C. the; / D. / ; the
125. His strong Guangdong accent him when he told a lie
A. put; off B. let; out C. gave; away D. turned; up