44. -I’m not sure what time I’ll arrive, maybe half past seven or a quarter to eight.
- , I’ll be there as early as possible.
A. anyhow B. however C. thus D. therefore
43. The nurse treat the naughty boy very kindly, but her patience at last.
A. went down B. used up C. got away D. gave out
42. The plan you’ve made is of great interest, but it doesn’t seem .
A. actual B. special C. normal D. practical
41. It is the narrowest part of the river. They told the villagers that a bridge be built here.
A. might B. must C. should D. could
40. As they were to agree to my suggestion, I had to give up my idea.
A. the first B. against C. the last D. second
38. Tomorrow we’ll go on a journey, I hope the weather, as it is tomorrow, will fine.
A. continue B. turn out C. promise D. become
37. The writer was a wonder. He was full of imagination and wrote many stories.
A. wonders B. wondering C. wonder D. wondered
36. -Are you satisfied with the result?
-Not at all. It couldn’t be .
A. any better B. any worse C. so bad D. the worst
35. Her parents had had a very anxious moment but everything all right in the end.
A. turned up B. tuned to C. turned out D. turned away