34. -I didn’t go to the party yesterday because my car broke down.
-Yon mine. I wasn’t using it.
A. ought to borrow B. would have borrowed C. had better borrow D. might have borrow
33. Can I change for another book? Page of this book is torn and cover looks old.
A. the; the B. a; the C. the; a D. a; a
32. Important people don’t often hare much free time as their work all their time.
A. takes away B. takes up C. takes over D. takes is
31. -The problem wasn’t difficult for him, was it?
- . He should have beer given a more difficult one.
A. No, it was B. Yes, it was C. Yes, it wasn’t D. No, it wasn’t
30. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, bat you _____ it.
A. mustn’t have done B. wouldn’t have done C. mightn’t have done D. didn’t have to
29. I was advised to arrange for insurance _____ I needed medical treatment.
A. although B. in case C. so that D. if only
28. -Let’s see if the baseball game has started yet.
-Started? It most be clear who _____ by now.
A. is winning B. wins C. has won D. would win
27. Hold on a minute! Mr Wang is coming. He is in the next room. The underlined part above means _____.
A. Don’t hang up the telephone B. Put up the telephone
C. Take down the telephone D. Hand in the telephone
26. In those days, the old woman sit at the gate for hours, waiting for her son to return from the front.
A. could B. should C. might D. would
25. It is impossible for anyone _____ these photographs before, because Mr. Newman had them developed today.
A. having seen B. to have seen C. to see D. seeing