24. That _____ surprising in the past.
A. were considered B. are considered C. had been considered D. would have been considered
23. -I wonder how many people yon have invited.
-There’s only going to be yon and _____ friends there
A. few B. a few C. a lot of D. several
22. Do yon enjoy listening to records? I find records are often _____ or better than an actual performance.
A. as good as B. as good C. as well as D. good as
21. -We want someone to design the new art museum for us.
-_____ the young follow have a try?
A. May B. Shall C. Will D. Need
20. -What did yon think of _____ president?
-I didn't care for him of at first, bat after _____ time I go to like him.
A. the; a B. /; the C. the; the D. /; a
19. I promised to get then before 5 o’clock, but now the rain is pouring down. They _____ for me impatiently.
A. may wait B. ought to wait C. could wait D. must be waiting
18. I would love _____ to the cinema last night, but I had to look after my sick sister at home.
A. to go B. to have gone C. going D. having gone
17. -Bob, you cannot smoke any more. It will damage your health.
-I know. I _____ smoking. Believe me!
A. the; a B. a; a C. a; the D. the; the
16. _____ teacher of my grandfathers will come tomorrow . I’m wondering how old _____ man he should be.
A. The; a B. A; a C. A; the D. The; the
15. -Susan married Jason last Sunday.
-Really? How long _____ each other? No more than a week, I’m afraid.
A. did they know B. have they known
C. have they got to know D. had they known