14. -Jim, Let’s hurry to the airport. Mabel is coming.
-Oh, I was afraid _____ What’s made her change her mind?
A. she would never come B.I would miss her
C. she had already come D.I might have missed her
13. -Why does Sara know so much about Angkor Wat?
-She _____ have been there, or…
A. must B. oughtn’t to C. may D. can’t
12. -Where do Ur Green come from?
-I’m not sure, but his English _____ Australia.
A. suggests B. sounds C. advises D. shows
11. -What a pity; I _____ broke the record.
-It doesn’t matter. Try again next time.
A. all over B. all but C. hardly D. already
10. -Did yon enjoy yourself at the party?
-Sorry to say I didn’t. It was _____ a meeting then a party.
A. more of B. rather like C. less of D. more or less
9. -Wang Wei is very bright and studies hard as well.
-It’s no _____ he always gets the fist place in any examination.
A. question B. doubt C. problem D. wonder
8. -We weren’t sure which way to go. In the end turn right.
-You _____ the wrong way. You _____ left.
A. had gone; must have turned B. went; must turn
C. have gone; would have turned D. went; should have turned
7. -I knocked at your door, but nobody answer.
-You should _____ the door bell.
A. try touching B. tried to touch C. have tried touching D. have tried to touch
6. -Did you see Tom? He said he would come back for supper at six o’clock.
-He seems _____ with Bob in the lake.
A. to swim B. to be swimming C. to have swum D. swimming
5. I go to work every early. I don’t usually have _____ breakfast, but I always eat _____ good supper.
A. /;a B. /;/ C. the; / D. /;the