134. _____ more from his bed, Washington Roabling directed construction by watching from his apartment window.
A. Be able to B. Be unable to C. Unable to D. Able to
133. It is a common belief _____ teenagers today know about computers and are familiar _____ using them in an aspects of life.
A. that; out B. what; with C. That; with D. what; about
132. No sooner _____ the parrot flew oat and settled in the same tree _____ the cat.
A. had Jim opened the cage that; as B. had Jim opened the cage than; as
C. Jim opened the cage than; with D. Has Jim opened the cage than; with
131. The sun was shining brightly, _____ everything there _____ more beautiful
A. making; wok B. to make; looked C. and made; looking D. and making; be looked
130. Mr. Green drove slowly on the way home until he reached the high way, _____ the speed limit was to miles per hour.
A. because B. which C. where D. that
129. Henry can’t attend the party_____ at Tom’s house at present because he is preparing the speech at the party _____ at Marie’s house tomorrow.
A. held; being held B. to be held; to be held C. to be held; held D. being held; to be held
128. - We are leaving on June 15.
-So why not come to spend _____ days with us? I’m serious.
A. all these last few B. these au last few C. these last all few D. all last these few
127. The soldiers soon reached _____ was once an old temple _____ the villages used as a school.
A. which; where B. what; which C. where; which D. what; where
126. It was five o’clock in the afternoon _____ they climbed up to the top of the mountain.
A. since B. when C. that D. until
125. Last term our maths teacher set so difficult an examination problem _____ none of us worked out.
A. that B. as C. so that D. which