114. Written in a hurry, _____. How can it be satisfactory?
A. they found many mistakes in the report B. Sam made lots of mistakes in the report
C. there are plenty of mistakes in the report D. the report is full of mistakes
113. Mr and Mrs Scott prefer a restaurant in a small town to _____ in so large a city as New York.
A. this B. one C. it D. that
112. The first set of textbooks_____ for teaching English as a foreign language came out in the l6th century.
A. written B. had been written C. to be written D. was written
111. While he was in his college days he used to _____ long hair.
A. dress B. wear C. remain D. grow
110. A country bus was going along a winding road _____ it slowed down and stopped.
A. while B. as C. when D. then
109. I thought her nice and honest _____ I met her.
A. first time B. for the first time C. the first tine D. by the first time.
108. -Computers are used in every walk of life mow.
-Bat only in recent years _____ to use personal computers.
A. when people have started B. when have people started
C. people have started D. have people started
107. With _____ she needed _____, she left the market place.
A. something; to bay B. everything; have bought
C. nothing; buying D. everything; bought
106. We should prevent pollution _____ happily.
A. from living B. to live C. from being lived D. to living
105. The doctors insisted that the patent _____ badly hurt and that he _____ at once.
A. be; be operated on B. was; be operated on
C. was; should operate on D. is; mast be operated