104. _____ to give up smoking, he threw away his _____ cigarettes.
A. Determined; remained B. Determined; remaining
C. Determining; remained D. Determining; remaining
103. It was in the small house _____ was built with stones by his father _____ he spent his childhood.
A. which; that B. that where C. which; which D. that; which
102. Reading English in the morning seems to me a rule _____.
A. to never break B. never to be breaking C. never to be broken D. never to have broken
101. I’ ve never received any gift which pleased me _____ as yours.
A. good enough B. well enough C. as good D. so well
100. Silver is the best conductor of electricity, copper _____ is closely.
A. followed B. to follow C. following D. be followed.
99. Nowhere else _____ such perfect silence _____ in these mountains.
A. there is; like B. there is; as C. is there; as D. is there; like
98. There was a tea pot fashioned like china duck _____ the water was supposed to come.
A. from which open mouth B. by that open mouth
C. out of whose open mouth D. with its open mouth
97. -What is the model plane like?
-Well, the wings of the plane are _____ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
96. Lucy was pleased at news that Dr. Manette, _____ a prisoner for many years, had recently been set free.
A. having been kept B. being kept C. having kept D. to be kept
95. He is _____ is known as a hacker (黑客) he likes to show off on the internet and attack websites.
A. who B. what C. that D. which