94. Galileo lived in the city of Pisa in the 1600’s, about 400 years ago, _____, as is known to us all, there is a leaning tower about 180 feet high.
A. when B. as C. where D. there
93. If you go to Xi’ an, you’ll find the palaces there more splendid than commonly _____.
A. supposed B. suppose C. to suppose D. supposing
92. We were just _____ calling you up _____ you come in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
91. Although we hadn’t me for twenty years I recognized him _____ I saw him.
A. the moment B. one moment C. by the moment D. for the moment
90. Once lost, _____.
A. it is said to get such a chance again. B. One can never get such a chance again.
C. such a chance will never come again D. to get such a chance will be difficult.
89. -Who are you waiting for?
- _____ the man wounded in the left leg.
A. The doctor will operate on B. The nurse to be looked after
C. The doctor to operate on D. His brother got
87. _____, I have never seen anyone who’s as capable as John.
A. As tong as I have traveled B. Now that I have traveled so much
C. Much as I have traveled D. As I have traveled so much
86. So difficult _____ it to live in an English-speaking country that I determined to learn English well.
A. I have felt B. have I felt C. I did feel D. did I feel
85. Finding her car stolen, _____.
A. a policeman was asked to help. B. the area was searched thoroughly
C. It was looked for everywhere D. she harried to a policeman for help.