64. -We haven’t seen Jane for a long time.
-What do you suppose _____ to her?
A. was happening B. to happen C. has happened D. having happened
62. Robert is said _____ abroad, bat I don't know what county he studied in.
A. to hove studied B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been studying
60. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier, _____ it more difficult.
A. not make B. mot to make C. mot making D. do mot make
59. Your performance in the driving test didn't reach the required standard; _____, you failed.
A. in the end B. after all C. in other wards D. at the same tine
58. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door _____ “Sorry to miss you; I’ll call later.”
A. read B. reads C. to read D. reading
56. _____ the hibernating animals _____ any movement _____ they hibernate.
A. Hardly had; made; when B. Scarcely had; made; before
C. Hardly do; make; when D. No sooner had; made; than
55. I think it necessary _____ last week’s meeting.
A. for you to join B. of you to be present at
C. that you take part in D. that you have taken part in