34. With a lot of difficult problems _____ the newly-elected president is having a hard time.
A. settled B. settling C. to settle D. being settled
33. If this dictionary is not yours, _____ can it be?
A. what else B. who else C. which else’s D .who else’s
32. If one never studied, he would have nothing _____.
A. succeeding to do B. succeeded C. to succeed to D. to succeed in
31. Spend your time just on the things you find _____.
A. to be worth doing B. worth being done
C. being worth your while D. them worth doing
30. _____ as Edison was, he knew a lot about science, especially electricity.
A. Child B. The child C. A child D. such a child
29. Throughout the world _____ advance has been made in science and technology is due to education which brings forth knowledge, creation and inventions.
A. whoever B. whatever C. what D. that
28. Up to Tuesday’s attack, the worst school shooting in the U.S. was in March 1998 in Jonesbora, _____ two boys, aged 11 and 13, shot and killed a teacher and four girls.
A. while B. where C. when D. then
27. If I correct someone, I’ll do it with as much good humor and self- restrain as if I were the one _____.
A. to correct B. correcting C. having corrected D. being corrected
26. _____ the window, my finger was cut unexpectedly.
A. Clean B. To clean C. While cleaning D. While I was cleaning
25. All of the flowers now raised here have developed from those _____ in the forest.
A. once they grew. B. they grew once C. that once grew D. once grew