348. Hospital staff burst into cheers after doctors completed a 20-hour operation to have _____ one-year-old twins at the head.
A. isolated B. separated C. divided D. removed
347. It was not a serious illness, and she soon _____ it.
A. got over B. got on with C. got around D. got out of
346. Happy birthday, Alice! So you have _____ twenty-one already!
A. become B. turned C. grown D. passed
345. I don’t _____ rock’n’roll It’s much too noisy for my taste.
A. go after B. go away with C. go into D. go in for
344. You can take anything from the shelf and read, but please _____ the books when you’ve finished with them.
A. put on B. put down C. put back D. put off
343. --- How about eight o’clock outside the cinema?
--- That _____ me fine.
A. fits B. meets C. satisfies D. suits
342. He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was _____ from the outside world.
A. cut out B. cut off C. cut up D. cut through
341. We’re going to _____ with some friends for a picnic. Would you like to join us?
A. get in B. get over C. get along D. get together
340. It was foolish of him to _____ his notes during that important test, and as a result, he got punished.
A. stick to B. refer to C. keep to D. point to
339. Words _____ me when I wanted to express my thanks to him for having saved my son from the burning house.
A. failed B. left C. discouraged D. disappointed