268. Read the poem more slowly, with a slight _____ at the end of each line.
A. pause B. stop C. rest D. space
267. In my opinion, what he told us just now about the affair simply doesn’t make any _____.
A. meaning B. idea C. sense D. point
266. If you want to see a doctor, you fix a date with him ahead of time. That is a common _____ in the USA.
A. sense B. practice C. rule D. point
265. It isn’t so much whether he works hard; the question is whether he works _____.
A. above all B. in all C. at all D. after all
264. --- This is my new dog. His name is Wisdom.
--- That’s interesting. Why _____ did you give him such a name?
A. in the earth B. in world C. on earth D. on the world
262. The police came and they soon got the situation well _____.
A. by hand B. in hand C. on hand D. with hand
261. --- Could you mail these letters for me please?
--- _____ letters? Your friends are going to be very happy to hear from you again.
A. What B. Some C. More D. Different
260. Jane is always ready to help people in need because she thinks it a _____.
A. business B. reward C. pleasure D. favour
259. Don’t put the chair too close to the stove. Dry wood _____ fire easily, you know.
A. lights B. burns C. makes D. catches