238. The winter of 1990 was extremely bad. _____, most people say it was the worst winter of their lives.
A. At last B. In fact C. In a ward D. As a result
237. Don’t leave matches or cigarettes on the table within _____ of little children.
A. hand B. reach C. space D. distance
236. You can’t wear a blue jacket _____ that shirt it’ll look terrible.
A. on B. above C. up D. over
235. He got to the station early, _____ that shirt it’ll look terrible.
A. in case of B. instead of C. for fear of D. in search of
234. --- Brad was Jane’s brother!
--- _____ he reminde me so much of Jane!
A. No doubt B. Above all C. No wonder D. Of course
233. It was a pity that the great writer died _____ his works unfinished.
A. for B. with C. form D. of
232. I’d like buy a house --- modern, comfortable, and _____ in a quiet neighborhood.
A. in all B. above all C. after all D. at all
231. I feel that one of my main duties _____ a teacher is to help the students to become better learners.
A. for B. by C. as D. with
230. Chinese arts have won the _____ of a lot of people outside China.
A. enjoyment B. appreciation C. entertainment D. reputation
229. In dealing with public relations, we should make every effort to prevent the _____ in personality.
A. contact B. contrast C. connection D. conflict