178. Scientists will never stop _____ new ways to solve problems.
A. searching B. in search of C. searching for D. to search for
177. I _____ the honest man, I _____ him right.
A. believed in; believed B. trusted in; believed in
C. depended on; trusted D. expected; proved
176. The horrible noise from that big factory simply _____ the citizens in this city mad.
A. made B. droves C. caused D. let
175. Just a minute. I’ll have to _____ into the one-hundred-yuan note before I have the change to pay you.
A. turn B. make C. break D. translate
174. New problems often come up in our studies. Here “come up” means _____.
A. come out B. appear C. grow D. come along
173. As far as I know, there are more than four _____ of blood in all.
A. models B. kinds C. sorts D. types
171. It’s _____ true that I’m not too sure about the _____ meaning of _____.
A. real; really; reality B. really; real; reality C. real; reality; really D. really; reality; real