98. Mary was very angry, for her classmates all went to the cinema _____ her.
A. except B. but C. besides D. without
97. The furniture is rather well made _____ its brown color.
A. except B. besides C. except that D. except for
96. He went to see his old friend once a week _____ when he was very busy.
A. except for B. besides C. except D. except that
95. Don’t keep your mouth _____ if you want to improve your spoken English.
A. shut B. open C. opened D. shutted
94. It was such an unlucky day for me, I _____ the train and _____ my umbrella at the station.
A. missed; forgot B. forgot; lost C. missed; left D. lost; forgot
93. Mrs Black _____ her tears and went on with her lesson.
A. took back B. kept back C. went back D. got back
92. --- Excuse me, I don’t know the _____ to the zoo, can you tell me?
--- Sorry, I’m a stranger here.
A. direction B. path C. way D. road
90. --- you were tired after running so long, weren’t you?
--- No, _____. I’m good at running.
A. not a bit B. not a little C. very much D. only a bit
89. He’s ill in hospital. You’d _____ go to see him right now.
A. rather B. better C. like D. feel like