67. He believed in achieving this, not by fighting and killing, _____ by peaceful revolution.
A. nor B. but C. or D. and
66. There came a voice of “ ”. She got her ring finger scratched by the bottle opener.
A. Aha B. Yummy C. Ugh D. Ouch
65. Would you like to have a rest first _____ shall we get down to business right away?
A. and B. then C. or D. otherwise
63. --- _______ do you grant your foreign teachers holidays
--- They can go away for a fortnight each term.
A. How soon B. What time C. How long D. How often
62. Now that you know smoking is harmful to your health, you should give it up at once.
The underlined part means _____.
A. If B. Since C. Though D. Although
61. --- How many of these books have you read?
--- ________ at all.
A. None B. No one C. None of D. Neither of
60. No sooner had the clerk arrived office _____ he started his computer.
A. than B. but C. when D. then
59. On his _______ birthday, the old man enjoyed his good health.
A. ninth B. nineteenth C. ninetieth D. nineties