48. --- Would you like a cup of coffee?
A. Why not? B. It’s very kind of you C. I’m glad. D. Help yourself
47. Alice received an invitation from her boss, _______ came as a surprise.
A. it B. that C. which D. he
46. Don’t worry. _______ were taken to the hospital . And now the doctors are performing operations on them.
A. The injured B. The injury C. Injured D. Injury
45. Thirty-three people were present at the meeting, _______ the chairman.
A. included B. inclusive C. including D. includes of
44. John Keats, a great British poet, died _______. His death is really a great loss to the field of literature.
A. in his twentieth B. in his twenties C. his twenty D. on the twenties
43. I want to know _______ he'll be here on time because we cannot begin the meeting without him.
A. if B. when C. that D. what
42. ________ foreign visitors come to China every year and this has promoted the development of our tourism.
A. Hundreds of millions of B. Hundred of million
C. One hundreds millions D. One hundred million of
41. --- Can you tell me the tomato is?
--- It is one yuan per kilo.
A. how many B. how much C. what's the money D. what money
40. Hardly had I arrived when I had a new problem to cope with. Which of the following can replace the underlined part?
A. No sooner...when B. Scarcely...when C. Hardly...than D. Scarcely...than
39. This year they have produced _____ grain _____ they did last year.
A. as less; as B. as few; as C. less; than D. fewer; than