28. --- Can the engineer speak _____?
--- No. He can only talk with you _____.
A. the English language; in French B. English language; in French
C. the English language; with French D. English language; with French
27. --- Do you know whose umbrella it is?
--- It is not mine. Perhaps it is _____.
A. someone else B. someone else’s C. someone’s else D. someone’s else’s
26. --- Shall I sit at this end of the boat or the other end?
--- If you keep still, you can sit at _____.
A. each B. neither C. either D. any
25. This new building is more beautiful than _____ building in the block.
A. any other B. any C. all D. the other
24. In our country today the distribution (分配) principle is mainly from _____ according to his ability and to _____ according to his work.
A. every; every B. each; every C. each; each D. every; each
23. Yesterday I bought two _____ these eggs in the newly-opened bazaar(集市).
A. dozen B. dozen of C. couple D. scores
21. You told me _____ to do with the waste, but now I don’t know _____ to deal with this problem.
A. what; what B. what; how C. how; how D. how; what
20. I met one of my friends in the street _____. We decided to have an outing _____.
A. some day; one day B. one day; some day
C. some day; some day D. a day; some day
19. It is raining now. We have no choice _____ at home.
A. but stay B. but to stay C. but staying D. and stay