83. Our cousin who is attending college in New York phones us every Sunday at six, _________ as clockwork.
A. regular B. irregular C. regularly D. irregularly
82. This isn’t a practice game; we are playing for real. The underlined part means _____.
A. seriously B. for money C. for fun D. thoroughly
81. This gentleman is very interested in singing. He often goes to the Karaoke hall with his friends and sometimes comes home very late, _____, very early in the morning.
A. rather than B. rather late C. or rather D. would rather
80. This novel is ______ a good book, but there are many that ______ better.
A. very, are B. rather, is C. quite, is D. quite, are
79. There are only five minutes left before the train leaves. You should run _______ .
A. fast as possible as you can B. as quickly as you can
C. as fast as possible D. possible as fast as you can
78. Eric’s father, a skilled worker has repaired a lot of bikes of this kind, so he will _______ succeed in repairing your bike, I suppose.
A. probably B. may be C. maybe D. perhaps
77. --- What is the weather like these days?
--- It has been warm for ______ few days.
A. past B. passing C. the past D. pass
76. What she said is ________ true. That is to say, not all she said is true.
A. some B. partly C. not D. almost
74. All the nations should put _____ the misunderstanding between each other. If each nation does so, this world will become a peaceful and lovely garden.
A. away B. on C. off D. up