63. All the passengers were wounded in the road accident.
A. more and more B. by and by C. more or less D. little and little
62. Instead of answering, she merely smiled. Which of the following can best explain the meaning of the underlined word?
A. only B. barely C. almost D. scarecely
61. I don’t know what his interests are, because we talked ______ about work when we met.
A. main B. mainly C. major D. majorly
60. Morning reading is better by far to read _____ than to read in silence.
A. loud B. louder C. loudly D. aloud
59. As Wei Hua got another “C” in the English test, her parents looked _____ at him, holding the school report.
A. sad B. sadly C. happy D. happily
58. Don’t worry about him. He is _____ a child and he is able to look after himself.
A. no longer B. any longer C. no more D. any more
57. I caught the last bus from town, but Harry came home that night.
A. very late B. even later C. the same late D. the last one
56. It is said that some teachers will go to Japan. They are going to work as exchange teacher of Chinese.
A. lately B. recently C. shortly D. likely
55. The rock is _____ two hundred _____, and almost no one can move it.
A. nearly; kilograms B. mostly; kilograms C. mostly; kilogram D. nearly; kilogram
54. It's very cold outside. You should put on more clothing to ______, otherwise you will catch bad cold.
A. keep it out B. make it out C. keep out it D. keep off it