93. If you can speak very ______ English, you will have more chances to find a job than others.
A. correct B. pure C. proper D. exact
92. It is not the _____ way for America to deal with some problems of Iraq(伊拉克) only by force.
A. important B. difficult C. proper D. exact
91. America is fond of carrying out hegemonism(霸權主義) all over the world. In the long run they will have to pay _____ price than September 11th.
A. heavier B. bigger C. larger D. weightier
90. When the _____ young actor appeared on the stage, all eyes were fixed upon him.
A. pretty B. beautiful C. handsome D. nice
88. We are determined to build our country into a prosperous and _______ socialist country.
A. strong B. firm C. powerful D. advanced
87. I’m sure your parents are _______ with your progress in English study.
A. please B. pleasing C. pleased D. pleasant
86. I think this novel is suitable for you middle school students, for it is written in plain English. The underlined word means _____.
A. old B. modern C. simple D. complicated
84. Whether she likes the play or not is a matter of her _______ preference. Which of the following cannot be put in the blank?
A. personal B. private C. own D. self